Anti-Discrimination Policy Urgent Uitzendburo
The business operations of Urgent Uitzendburo are aimed at giving everyone an equal chance. Everyone is welcome at Urgent. We make no distinction as to gender, age, creed, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, race, disability, medical grounds, life, political or creed, ethnic background or nationality.
During the recruitment and selection process, jobseekers are treated equally because they are only assessed on the criteria that are function-related. This equal treatment also applies when performing work for Urgent Uitzendburo’s clients.
The purpose of this policy is to provide clarity and transparency to employees and third parties about:
- What Urgent Uitzendburo and its employees understand by discriminatory requests;
- What is the position of Urgent Uitzendburo with regard to discrimination and/or discriminated requests;
- Acting by employees;
- What is expected of employees and how they act during their work, especially in the work (to support the business activities) surrounding the recruitment and selection;
- Where the employees can go for consultation and/or a report;
- Employer Responsibilities;
1. Definition of discrimination
Discrimination is understood to mean: making direct and indirect distinctions between persons on the basis of age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, life, political or religious conviction, race, ethnic origin or nationality.
Discrimination also expressly includes responding to requests from clients to make a distinction between people in recruitment and selection on the basis of criteria that are not necessary or relevant for a proper performance of the position.
2. Positions taken by Urgent Uitzendburo
a. Urgent Uitzendburo rejects any form of discrimination.
b. Requests from the client during work and selection to take certain criteria into account are only honored if there is objective justice. There is objective justice if selecting on the requested criteria:
– Serves a legitimate purpose. This means that there is good job-related reason to select on appropriate criteria during the recruitment and selection process.
– Resulting in the achievement of a legitimate goal, the means are suitable to achieve the goal.
– In reasonable proportion to the goal, there is a reasonable proportion in relation to the goal and the means deployed;
– Necessary because there is no other less discriminating way to achieve the goal, the necessity criterion is met.
c. (The board of) Urgent Uitzendburo does not tolerate that employees are discriminated against by third parties. Employees here also include flex workers who work under the direction and supervision of clients.
3. Acting by employees
The employees have their own responsibility to be alert to requests from clients with a discriminatory character, to recognize such requests and to ensure that no cooperation is given.
If the employee has doubts about whether or not there is an objective justification for a request from a client to take into account certain criteria during recruitment and selection, or if he has questions about how to handle a request, the employee can go for consultation. with Mustapha van Veldhuijzen
If the employee identifies discrimination and wants to raise it, wants to report abuses or misconduct and/or has a trust issue, the employee can contact Mustapha van Veldhuijzen. If this does not lead to a satisfactory result for the employee, the employee can again rightly Mustapha van Veldhuijzen for referral to an external advisor.
4. Responsibility of Urgent Employment Agency
a. Urgent Uitzendburo is responsible for a healthy and safe working environment for its employees. Everyone should treat each other with respect. There is room for constructive consultation. Unwanted behavior in any form will always try to be prevented. Otherwise, this behavior will be addressed.
b. The awareness and implementation of the given anti-discrimination policy. This includes, among other things, ensuring that employees;
– Be informed about the policy;
This is realized in the following way;
- Upon commencement of employment, employees also receive the anti-discrimination policy with the necessary papers. And this is explained.
- The subject is discussed during the work meeting.
- If there are any ambiguities or questions, the employees can contact Mustapha van Veldhuijzen.
- The temporary agency workers are issued with a policy statement and the general instruction upon commencement of employment and are instructed in this regard.
Good instructions are given on how to recognize discrimination and how to deal with discriminatory requests.
This is realized in the following way:
- Employees are issued and explained with the necessary forms upon commencement of employment.
- Practical examples are shared and discussed during the work meeting.
- Be prepared for situations they may encounter during discussions about discrimination and how to respond to them. These guidelines are set out in the appendix “Guidelines for discrimination requests.